No matter who you are or what your current health status may be, you cannot go wrong when it comes to introducing smoothies or juices into your life. By drinking these potent beverages, you're literally changing your cells. You're providing your body with vital nutrients, minerals, and antioxidants in an easy-to-digest form. Everything about you will improve, including your sleep, your happiness, and the quality of your skin.
These are all things we as crohnies want to improve.
So which will you try first?
Here are 9 recipes to get you started!
1. Blueberry Smoothie
This is not only great for your health, but it's loaded with antioxidants, phytochemicals, and flavonoids, which are vital for cellular health and disease prevention.
· Big handful frozen or fresh organic wild blueberries
· 1 Banana
· 1 Tbsp extra-virgin coconut oil
· 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
· 1 Tbsp chia seeds
· Pinch of cinnamon
· 1 cup hemp milk, almond milk, oat milk, or coconut water as your base
2. Kidney Nourishing Smoothie
Cucumbers hydrate your body, and they're also fabulous for flushing out toxicity in your kidneys.
· 1⁄2 large cucumber, peeled and sliced
· 1 cup fresh/frozen blueberries
· 8 oz coconut water or unsweetened hemp/rice/almond milk
· 1-2 Tbs ground flax or chia seeds
· Tbs raw organic honey or stevia to taste (optional)
· Ice (optional)
3. Cranberry Lymph Flush Smoothie
Cranberry concentrate is a wonderful way to keep your bladder free of unwanted bacteria naturally. Bonus: cranberries are a great source of vitamin C.
· 1 cup of mixed berries
· 1⁄4 cup unsweetened Cranberry juice concentrate
· 1⁄4 avocado
· 1 cup coconut water or coconut milk/hemp/almond/rice milk
· 1 Tbs ground flax or chia seeds
· 1 teaspoon ginger
· Ice (optional)
4. Blackberry-Cinnamon Smoothie
Blackberries a fabulous source of Vitamin K, which is essential for absorbing calcium and bone growth. (And it tastes so good! PLUS great for us as well)
· 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
· 1 cup coconut water or unsweetened almond/coconut/hemp/rice milk
· 1Tbs ground flax or chia seeds
· 1⁄8 tsp cinnamon
· 1 handful of spinach
· Splash of vanilla extract
· Tbs raw, organic honey or stevia to taste (optional)
1. The Green Monster
Drinking this green juice will alkalize your body and leave you feeling fabulous. Even better, it contains parsley, which is loaded with Vitamin C and iron, which can be difficult for many vegan or vegetarians to get enough iron. (You must drink this one!)
· 1 and 1⁄2 cups coconut water
· 1 handful kale
· 1 handful spinach
· 5 stalks celery
· 1 apple, cored and chopped
· Juice from 1 lemon
· 1⁄2 bunch parsley
Note: add the coconut water at the end to your juice.
2. Delicious Detox
This is a great drink for juicing newbies because the carrots add enough sweetness to make you feel like you're not even drinking a green juice.
· 3 carrots
· 3 stalks celery
· 1 cucumber
· 1⁄2 bunch kale
· 1⁄2 bunch parsley
· 1⁄2 bunch cilantro
· 1 lemon squeezed
3. Cleanse Your Blood Juice
Beets are known to cleanse the blood and colon. By doing so, you're supporting and strengthening your liver and gallbladder.
· 1 medium beet
· 1 large apple
· 3 radishes
· 1 cup fresh kale leaves
4. Simple + Sweet Green Flush
This is great for anyone with digestive issues, because the apple aids in digestion and improves bowel function. It's a fun and easy treat for juicers at all levels. (Another must for us!)
· 1 green apple
· 1 pear
· 1⁄2 inch fresh ginger
· 1 lemon, peeled
· 1 cup kale or spinach
5. Carrot + Apple
Looking to reduce water retention? This one's for you, as carrots help to eliminate excess water from the body! This is perfect for anyone who is feeling bloated and wants to flush!
· 2 green apples
· 10 carrots
· 1⁄2 inch ginger
If you have any more questions then please free to email me at email@example.com or visit my Facebook Page at My Crohn's Doctor.
Yours in Health and Wellness
My Crohn's Doctor